Here’s Heidi with her winning, a special edition quart size of QuikCurry™ Tardka Paste. She had purchased one of the regular jars before and have been using it at home. When asked how she cooks with it, she told us that she dilutes it with water and pours over her favorite dishes to impart the curry flavor. While that’s an excellent way to add a touch of curry to your meals, we recommend using the recipes listed on this website to make authentic curry dishes at home. The flavors of spices used in tardka paste integrate with food better when they are all cooked together.
Speaking in terms of the five elements as told in Vedas, during the cooking process, the heat element opens up the microscopic structures that hold food together as they expand, ready for intake. The air element migrates and mingles the complex flavors with the food as they become one acting in unison. Heat also unlocks many of the medicinal benefits of the spices which you can smell in the aromas that fill the air when cooking curries.
Our goal with QuikCurry™ spice blends and concentrated pastes is to give you the best of both worlds – great tasting food and healing benefits. Our recipes allow you to make authentic Indian meals at a fraction of the time and cost while the spices from our products carry medicinal attributes. Spices such as turmeric, ginger, cumin, and fenugreek have antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial properties and balance out various doshas.
Follow the guidelines given below to use QuikCurry™ Tardka Paste:
- Warm 1 tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of QuikCurry™ Tardka Paste.
- Mix well, adding a cup of water to dilute the paste into a sauce-like consistency.
- Add the main ingredient with water, as needed.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon each of Himalayan Pink Salt and QuikCurry™ InstaGold Masala and simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Finish with a sprinkle of 1/4 teaspoon of QuikCurry™ InstaGaram Masala.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro or basil.
Don’t shortchange yourself next time you open a jar of QuikCurry™ Tardka Paste! Use the above guidelines or one of our recipes to bring authentic Indian cuisine to your dinner table. Restaurant quality, only better!